At hi.health we are building a platform to provide smooth access to fitting healthcare solutions in a EUR 360bn market.
We are currently a team of 25, based in Vienna (AT) and Berlin (DE). Early 2020 we announced one of Austria's biggest Seed-Rounds, backed by an international team of venture capital firms and angels focused on healthtech, insurtech and fintech. With more than 10,000 new users within a few months, we are experiencing rapid growth and became the leading independent provider in our space.
We are now looking for additional support in our Engineering department to support our Infrastructure & Security team.
- Take ownership of our AWS infrastructure and services
- Continue to improve our infrastructure-as-code setup based on Kubernetes, Helm and Crossplane
- Collaborate with other Engineers to run, operate and monitor our complete system and backend services
- Manage our Gitlab instance, improve and maintain our build processes to ensure reliability and optimum integration with CI/CD and Release Management
- Create and maintain dashboards and appropriate alarms and notifications
- Focus on security topics and work on our AWS IAM roles, policies, AWS WAF, CloudTrail setup, encryption standards, etc.
What you will bring along:
- 1+ years experience in software engineering & DevOps
- Experience with deploying and upgrading applications on Kubernetes clusters
- Experience in building processes for deploying to a Kubernetes based environment, ideally using Gitlab and Helm
- Proficiency in managing AWS services and Gitlab
- Hands-on experience with AWS VPC, AWS EC2, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda, AWS SNS/SQS, AWS RDS, Aurora, PostgreSQL, AWS DynamoDB, etc.
- First experiences creating operation dashboards including monitoring and alarming
- Knowledge of SDLC concepts and how to automate this in a cloud environment is a bonus
- You have a positive and resilient attitude and you can work autonomously
- You are well-organized with a high level of attention to detail and quality, always aiming for efficient execution of tasks
- Fluent in English; other languages are advantageous as we are working in a fully international team
- Comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast- paced and flexible startup environment
What you can expect:
- A range of employee benefits including sports clubs and subsidized lunch
- Investment in your further education and learning with a professional development budget
- Being part of building a next-generation healthcare company
- Learning from a senior team with background from highly successful startups (MySugr, Runtastic etc.) or tier-1 players in their industry (McKinsey & Company, L’Oréal, Allianz, Loop etc.)
- Team activities and outings respecting the current COVID-19 situation (hiking, team retreats, etc.)
- Networking opportunities at international startup events
- Highly professional and international work environment with English as the working language
- Flat hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the healthcare and insurance industry
- Flexible working hours and home/remote-office friendly. We are a delivery-oriented company and don’t judge people by the hour
We hire in time zones ±2 hrs of Vienna, but you’ll have to arrange your day according to Vienna times and be present in our offices from time to time, depending on your role. While working at, we’re totally fine with you working from anywhere within ±3 hours, but, you’ll have to arrange your schedule.
Diversity at hi.health:
hi.health is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
For legal matters we state that the minimum wage for this full-time (38,5 hrs) position is 3.186 € gross per month according to the collective agreement (Kollektivvertrag). Your actual offer depends on your skill set and experience