At hi.health we are creating smooth ways to access healthcare, by layering fintech solutions on top of insurance integrations.
We are currently a small team, headquartered in Vienna (AT) but with colleagues spread across Europe. We announced one of Austria's biggest Seed-Rounds and are now backed by an international team of venture capital firms and angels focused on fintech, insurance, and healthcare. With almost 50,000 new users within a couple of months, we are experiencing solid growth and have become a leading independent provider in our space.
We offer a dynamic and flexible startup environment where people can prosper professionally and personally. We provide the option to “work from anywhere”, work on the principle of self-organizing cross-functional teams, and strive to empower employees to work autonomously.
In this role you will:
Be the product manager of our B2B products, combining payment and insurance systems into a smooth experience for our users
- Work directly with customers, channeling what you learn into roadmaps for your product and features
- Own the product discovery process to create solutions that solve customer problems and deliver business value
- Write detailed specifications for features, working with UX from research to design to get wireframes and prototypes
- Lead while collaborating with the development team to make sure everything is clearly defined for them to implement what you envision
- Be responsible for translating solutions into requirements and work as a product owner with a scrum team to drive implementation
- Take decisions and be accountable for the products you manage, prioritizing tasks with a focus on performance, quality and results.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years experience as a product manager / owner, preferably within health insurance or fintech
- Experience in leading a cross-functional product team in an agile environment
- Previously conducted interviews, user tests and A/B tests to inform your decisions
- Demonstrable success in launching new products or features
- Strong customer empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritised roadmap
- A good understanding of complex technical architectures. It comes natural to you to discuss topics on a technical level with engineers
- Expertise with project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Exceptional communication skills to manage various stakeholders from presenting the value of your product to writing detailed stories for the team.
And if you:
- Enjoy working in a startup environment or startup-minded organisation
- Are an outgoing and open-minded person who can inspire and motivate a team to go the extra mile, same as you do
- Are fluent in English and German at a professional level; other languages are advantageous as we are working in a fully international team
What you can expect:
Lots of autonomy and ability to shape our product
- Flexible working hours and a Work from Anywhere policy.
- Family-friendly working culture and healthy work-life balance
- Investment in your further education and learning with a professional development budget
- Opportunity to have a positive impact on healthcare
- A highly professional, international, and inclusive work environment with English as the working language
- An open communication style and feedback
- A range of employee benefits including sports clubs, and subsidized lunch, and educational offerings
Some benefits may vary by country. We will provide a comprehensive, transparent and territory-specific list of benefits to candidates applying for open roles.
The benefits above are listed for Austria-based employees but serve as a baseline for what we want to offer no matter your location.
Stay flexible and work from anywhere
We hire in the EU, within ±2 hrs of CET time zone , but you’ll have to arrange your day according to Vienna times and be present in our offices from time to time, depending on your role. While working at hi, we are totally fine with you working from anywhere within ±2 hours, but, you’ll have to arrange your schedule. Our team has already worked in a variety of nice places like Paris, Tuscany, Valencia, and many more.
Diversity at hi.health
We are also committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
We are open to applicants who want to be considered for a part-time role for this position.
For legal matters, we state that the minimum wage for this full-time (38,5 hrs) position is 52.220 € gross per year according to the collective agreement (IT Kollektivvertrag 2022, ST2 Regelstufe). Your actual offer depends on your skill set and experience and is likely to be above the salary mentioned above.
Not sure if it’s the right fit? Stay connected!
You don’t think you match the requirements above, but you would still like to get to know us? We believe in lifelong learning so apply anyway, and we can stay in touch about opportunities!