At hi.health we are building a platform to provide smooth access to fitting healthcare solutions in a EUR 360bn market.
We are currently a team of 25, based in Vienna (AT) and Berlin (DE). Early 2020 we announced one of Austria's biggest Seed-Rounds, backed by an international team of venture capital firms and angels focused on healthtech, insurtech and fintech. With more than 10,000 new users within a few months, we are experiencing rapid growth and became the leading independent provider in our space.
We are now looking for additional support in our Engineering department to help improving our products and platforms and setting us up for an even better scalable and secure infrastructure.
- Implement new services from scratch and develop and improve our existing micro service architecture
- Take ownership of developing, operating and monitoring our backend services
- Focus on topics like process automation, cloud operations and service development and monitoring
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers and designers to craft a secure and scalable backend system
- Analyze and solve challenging problems across the code base, databases and infrastructure and continuously optimize our system
What you will bring along:
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering with a focus on backend technologies and operations
- Experience with node.js and cloud providers, ideally with AWS
- Knowledge and good understanding of relational databases and SQL, key-value and document databases
- Experience in designing, developing and documenting APIs and systems
- Relevant experience with payment systems or the fintech industry is a big plus
- You have a positive and resilient attitude and you can work autonomously
- You are well-organized with a high level of attention to detail and quality, always aiming for efficient execution of tasks
- Fluent in English; other languages are advantageous as we are working in a fully international team
- Comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast- paced and flexible startup environment
What you can expect:
- A range of employee benefits including sports clubs and subsidized lunch
- Investment in your further education and learning with a professional development budget
- Being part of building a next-generation healthcare company
- Learning from a senior team with background from highly successful startups (MySugr, Runtastic etc.) or tier-1 players in their industry (McKinsey & Company, L’Oréal, Allianz, Loop etc.)
- Team activities and outings respecting the current COVID-19 situation (hiking, team retreats, etc.)
- Networking opportunities at international startup events
- Highly professional and international work environment with English as the working language
- Flat hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the healthcare and insurance industry
- Flexible working hours and home/remote-office friendly. We are a delivery-oriented company and don’t judge people by the hour
For legal matters we state that the minimum wage for this full-time (38,5 hrs) position is 3.186 € gross per month according to the collective agreement (Kollektivvertrag). Your actual offer depends on your skill set and experience.
Diversity at hi.health:
hi.health is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.